The Theory．5 Levels．Design．Scheduling．Study Cards
|級別 Level||名稱 Name||顏色 Colour||適讀年齡參考Reference Age|
|第一級 Level 1||啟蒙級 Beginning Reader||(藍色) Blue||3歲起 3+|
|第二級 Level 2||萌芽級 Budding Reader||(綠色) Green||3歲半起 3 1/2 +|
|第三級 Level 3||躍進級 Building Reader||(橙色) Orange||4歲起 4+|
|第四級 Level 4||信心級 Confident Reader||(桃色) Pink||4歲半 – 5歲起 4 1/2 – 5+|
|第五級 Level 5||實力級 Fluent Reader||(紅色) Red||5歲 – 5歲半起 5 – 5 1/2+|
There are 20 lessons in each book, 5 books in each level.
Each book teaches 20 characters. All characters are listed clearly in the Table of Contents. Each level teaches 100 characters.
The 5 levels together teach 500 characters.
The characters in the course are chosen based on:
- they are highly relevant to a young child’s world, and are most often used in their daily life
- they are most often used in children’s literature, including fairy tales, fables, poetry, rhymes, story books, etc.
- some of the most used radicals are included, to form a solid foundation for future learning
The inclusion of character in the course does not take the following factor into consideration:
- the complexity of the written form of the character
- the phonological order of the characters
- the listing order of the characters in dictionaries
The child starts to read short phrases from lesson 5 of book 1.
The child starts to read complete sentences (9 characters in a sentence) from lesson 7 of book 1.
- 名詞 – 水/兔/書/肚…
- 助詞 – 的/以/又/很…
- 動詞 – 跑/認/追/帶…
- 形容詞 – 忙/香/滿/壞…
- 量詞 – 個/本/片/條…
- 感嘆詞 – 麼/嗎/了/哈…
- 方向詞 – 前/東/左/後…
The course includes a comprehensive list of words, including:
- auxiliary words
- exclamation words
Homophones and rhymes are also taught.
All lessons contain only 5 sentences** each (ie. 5 pages). The sentences are less than 12 characters long. It takes about 1 minute to finish reading 1 chapter.
** 第一冊頭幾課只有3句。The first 3 lessons in the course contain only 3 sentences
We recommend you to read with your child twice each day (once in the morning, once in the evening), 5 lessons each session. It should take less than 5 minutes to finish the “work” of the day (it takes longer if you also read other books).
- maintain a good habit and pattern to study regularly
- make it a pleasant event
- be generous with your praises
- avoid rushing
- read at least 5 days a week, 7 days if possible
- There are MP3 recordings of all the lessons in Putonghua available online. You can also make use of the Read-Along App. Cantonese recordings will soon be available.
- There are numerous extra practice sheets for free download on Sagebooks Blog
- Bonus Packs are available exclusively on SagebookShop
- Study Cards are also available