This activity may not seem conventional, but it is fun and artistic for kids to try. In fact, the best part of the activity is when they ask the grown up (or other kids) to find the hidden characters.
HOW TO MAKE
- Your child gets to make the activity this week, so once again, no prep work!
- Alternatively, if you also want to participate, you can follow the directions below, too.
HOW TO PLAY
Hidden Characters (age 3+, single/multi player)
1) Have child choose 1-10 characters to draw/incorporate in a drawing
2) Child draws a picture either making the picture the actual character, or drawing a scene and hiding/writing the characters in tiny script to be part of the picture. They can also decide to make smaller pictures into characters and incorporate into the larger scene.
3) When your child is done, they can either switch with your other children and find each other’s hidden characters or have you search for the characters, too.
Alternative ideas: If your children are younger, you can give the “guesser” a list of the characters hidden in the drawing (unless the actual drawing is the character). To make the game harder, you can keep the character list hidden as well as the number of characters to find hidden. You can also have the guesser write down the characters they find instead of circling or pointing out the characters.