The best part about this activity is that you can use different props (or none at all) and the game will seem like something entirely new!
HOW TO MAKE
- Write one character on each card (at least three cards)
- Bend/Crease each card so it’s easy to stand up and hold/grab
HOW TO PLAY
Find the Character Game (age 3+, single/multi player)
1) Take 3 character cards and place them face up. Choose a character for players to find.
2) Next, in the same order as before, either turn the cards face down or put them under a cup face down.
3) Move the cards/cups around.
4) Ask where the chosen character is and have each player choose where they think the card is.
5) Flip over all cards and see who is right.
Alternative ideas: To vary difficulty just change the speed at which you mix up the cards. The faster you go, the harder the game becomes. For variety, you can change up whatever is covering the cards.
Find the Character Game
Do you like our tips and advice on how to go through Sagebooks with your children? Join us in our Facebook Group and meet other parents who are teaching their kids Basic Chinese 500 at all different ages and levels.