Character Matching Game 認字配對
- Choose 3-4 cards, lay them out in front of your child.
- Choose a sentence that your child has already learnt from the book. Point to one of the characters in this sentence and ask them to point to the card of the same character.
- If several children are learning and playing at the same time, you can turn this into a little contest to see who can spot the answer first. Such contest can boost focus and performance.
- As your child gets better at spotting the same character, you can choose cards with similar characters, such as 他、她、地 or 天、大、人. This helps your child to focus on details.
- 隨着孩子能力的進步，可以選字形類同的字，訓練孩子辨別細部的能力，例如：他、她、地 / 天、大、人⋯等。
Homophonic / rhyming characters 同音字 / 近音字
- Choose one study card (e.g. 羊), then lay out another 3 cards in front of your child, making sure one of them is homophonic of 羊 (e.g. 牛、陽、門). Ask your child to identify which character is pronounced the same as (or rhymes with) 羊.
- Other monophemic / rhyming character pairs: 每 — 妹 / 樹 — 書 / 明 — 名 / 越 — 月.
- 選一張字卡 (例如：羊)，放3張字卡在孩子面前 (例如：牛、陽、門)，請孩子找出同音/近音字。
- 其他字組例子：每 — 妹 / 樹 — 書 / 明 — 名 / 越 — 月
Care Taker 和漢字深化感情
- At the beginning of each week, choose 3 cards from the list of characters that your child has already learnt, and ask them to take good care of them. Ask your child to check that they are in good condition everyday.
- When you read with your child, ask your child to take the card out whenever you come across the same character. Your child can also make some kind of record of it.
- At the end of the week, ask your child, “Which character has been read the most times?” Which character do they feel closest to?